xsl-list

Re: [xsl] When to use text()

2014-03-24 04:13:07
On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>
wrote:

XDM allows empty text nodes, but they only exist transiently and never have a
parent.

If there's a lesson from this thread, it's that Ihe and many others don't
want complete explanations..... They don't mind the fact that as a result,
their programs will sometimes be wrong.

Well I just thought that context sensitive help could be improved as
it clearly was of little benefit to the developer. It doesn't have to
be correct all the time, but should give you the most bang for your
buck concisely to aid recall. Surely that's a good idea or would you
rather everyone have your book beside the keyboard or memorized? LOL
;)

For the record I read your very good xslt 2.0 book long ago when learning xslt.

--
-

Alex Muir
http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/alex-muir/36/ab7/125