xsl-list

Re: [xsl] analyze-string regex

2014-03-27 22:59:32

On 27-3-2014 18:06, Rushforth, Peter wrote:

There might be a JSON-to-XML library out there, which'd be my first choice.
Yes, that was my first instinct too.  I found a generic json2xml.xsl library,
but it
performed too slowly.  I figured I needed something more specific in order to
speed things up.

As it turns out, if you can use XSLT 3.0, you can use the new
fn:json-to-xml() function, which takes JSON as input and produces XML as
output. Conversely, it also has the fn:xml-to-json() function, which
takes a predefined XML format that represents JSON and returns the JSON
representation of that XML.

The XML produced, or the XML that is used as input is well-defined.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt-30/#schema-for-json.

(note: we have not yet implemented that function, otherwise I would
invite you to the testing team to have a look. If you are interested, I
can drop you a line once we have it)

Cheers,

Abel Braaksma
Exselt XSLT 3.0 processor