xsl-list

Re: [xsl] null stylesheet?

2014-04-29 17:34:56

and that works perfectly well. But then I tried the slightly simpler

version="1.0"/>

Yes, that's a legal stylesheet.

But Saxon-HE 9.5.1.3J run from the commandline
complains that "The supplied file does not appear to be a stylesheet"
(this is an error, not a warning; # XTSE0150).

I suspect you got the command line arguments wrong. This message from Saxon
means that the file supplied as the stylesheet document did not have
xsl:stylesheet or xsl:transform as its root. In fact more specifically I think
it means the local name of the root element was not "stylesheet" or "transform"
- you get a different message if only the namespace is wrong.

Michael Kay
Saxonica