xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Pattern notation for preceding-sibling

2014-08-12 18:06:44
On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 10:50:37PM -0000, Heiko Niemann
kontakt(_at_)heiko-niemann(_dot_)de scripsit:
/foo/E/preceding-sibling::(A,N)

Indeed, this is currently disallowed syntax.

Is there a discussion to allow this syntax?

Does that mean I'm looking for /foo with children (in document order) A,
N, and E, or does it mean I'm looking for /foo with an E child preceded
by an A or an N child?  I suspect you mean the latter from the other
examples of what you're trying to do, but if we're really saying
"preceding-sibling this sequence" it should be the first one.

I can imagine that would be useful, but possibly not useful enough to
implement.  (What does ancestor::(A,B,C) mean?)

-- Graydon