xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT vs Web Components

2014-09-12 12:01:14
I appreciate all the responses.  quite informative as usual.
I was just curious to get a few opinions because encountering a problem, then finding a solution sometimes involves deciding between a tried and true method which might be more difficult but likely to be around a while, or taking a leap of faith that a new method will catch on fire, for instance the way node.js, nosql, and json has for a certain class of problems.
xml and xslt has been a good solution for my employer for a decade now and I'm glad I went that route, but personally I was disappointed (yes, I got over that a some time ago and moved on) that xslt didn't take hold more with browser developers.
Regards,
Matthew L. Avizinis
Gleim Publications, Inc