xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Does Saxon support XPath 3.1?

2015-06-28 22:02:01
On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 7:44 PM, Liam R. E. Quin <liam(_at_)w3(_dot_)org> wrote:
On Mon, 2015-06-29 at 00:22 +0000, Dimitre Novatchev
dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com wrote:
I apologize if I am asking for something obvious, but
straightforward searching didn't locate any statements about Saxon
support (implementation) of the XPath 3.1 W3C Standard.

XPath 3.1 is not yet a W3C Recommendation (the nearest thing we have
to a standard).

Thanks Liam,

Yes, but XPath 3.1 is (since December 2014) a Candidate
Recommendation, which is the closest point to becoming a
Recommendation :)

My understanding is that the commercial version of Saxon may have 3.1
support, but that's probably a question for the Saxon mailing list.

I deliberately asked the question in the xsl-list, because most
readers are using Saxon as their preferred XSLT processor. I am also
discussing alternatives to Saxon, in case it doesn't provide support
for XPath 3.1 (such as using BaseX)-- and thus the topic is wider than
just Saxon.

There may also be support for XPath 3.1 and XQuery 3.1 in eXist, but
I'm not certain.

Wasn't there some page with comparison of how different implementation
support different versions of XPath? I vaguely remember that in the
past there was such a page that provided information how different
XSLT processors were passing the W3C Test Suite -- and this directly
correlates to their compliants to the respective standard.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre