xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Does Saxon support XPath 3.1?

2015-06-29 03:41:13
Saxon 9.6 “supports” (I hate that verb) XPath 3.1 essentially as it existed at
the time 9.6 was released (October last year). Some of the new features are
available only in Saxon-PE or Saxon-EE. And the exact level of support is very
difficult to determine because the test suite at that time was very incomplete.

There has actually been a significant amount of spec creep since October, so
you really need to check conformance on a feature-by-feature basis.

Our current state of implementation is very close to complete - the main thing
missing is the adaptive serialization method. But there will be a lag before
we’re able to release it, because we’ve got a lot of “work in progress” on XSLT
3.0 streaming and packaging that needs to be finished before we can cut a new
major release.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

On 29 Jun 2015, at 05:54, Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 9:15 PM, Liam R. E. Quin <liam(_at_)w3(_dot_)org>