xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Using memory addressing to retrieve a value vice using a software string library to retrieve a value

2015-11-20 13:50:36
On Fri, 2015-11-20 at 16:39 +0000, Dimitre Novatchev
I am aware of at least two very efficient algorithms:

  1. Using *suffix-trees*  -
  2. Using the hash of the search-string and scanning the given
string

For substrings an n-gram approach can also be fast, but again it's a
sufficiently specialized optimization that I wouldn't expect most XPath
engines to do it unless they supported the Full Text extension.

Liam