xsl-list

Re: [xsl] column break for jats book-tagset

2015-11-24 08:33:52
Hi Dulip,

Did you intend to send your message to jats-list? Cross-posting the
answer there.

I think you are right, there is no cb equivalent in JATS.
break is not a good candidate since the context where it may occur is
too constrained and its use is discouraged. Apart from that, there is no
attribute permitted that would help you discern line breaks from column
breaks.

The best compromise seems to be the target element,
http://jats.nlm.nih.gov/archiving/tag-library/1.1d3/element/target.html

It features a specific-use attribute that you could fill with a value of
your choice, for ex. 'column-break'. While your FO conversion will
transform it to something meaningful for layout purposes, it will be
completely transparent for other kinds of processing.

Gerrit

On 24.11.2015 15:15, withanage withanage(_at_)ub(_dot_)uni-heidelberg(_dot_)de