xsl-list

[xsl] Re: Saxon-CE... Passing Variable to JS Function

2016-06-30 15:19:51
Another thing I tried to pass a variable to a JS function -- it gives the
following exception:SEVERE: XPathException in invokeTransform: Exception in
ixsl:call() (RangeError)

If I pass a string it works, but if I pass the variable it does not.
Again, I'm sure I'm doing something stupid.
Here's the transform:
    <xsl:variable name="simple">
        simple
    </xsl:variable>

    <xsl:template name="callFunc" >
        <xsl:value-of select="js:myFunc($simple)"/>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="/">
        <xsl:call-template name="callFunc" />
    </xsl:template>

If you have the results in an XSLT variable, then I think you should be able to
pass this to Javascript code as an argument of an ixsl:call(), or you could
write it as a property of a Javascript object using ixsl:set-property.
Incidentally, we're quite close now to shipping a first version of Saxon-JS,
which will be a replacement for Saxon-CE written in pure Javascript. The
interfaces between XSLT and JS will probably be quite similar.
Michael KaySaxonica