xsl-list

[xsl] Saxon-CE pass data to JS

2016-06-30 11:13:52

I tried the following, but it doesn't find the object.  Clearly I'm missing the
paradigm...  Can you clarify for me?  I created an object in the window --
MyApp.buf.  But there's an error setting the client-property: buf...

<ixsl:set-property name="buf" object="MyApp" select="MyString"/>
Thanks             cud

If you have the results in an XSLT variable, then I think you should be able to
pass this to Javascript code as an argument of an ixsl:call(), or you could
write it as a property of a Javascript object using ixsl:set-property.
Incidentally, we're quite close now to shipping a first version of Saxon-JS,
which will be a replacement for Saxon-CE written in pure Javascript. The
interfaces between XSLT and JS will probably be quite similar.
Michael KaySaxonica