xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Saxon-CE pass data to JS

2016-06-30 15:45:18
The "object" attribute is an XPath expression that evaluates to a Javascript
object, for example "ixsl:window()", or "ixsl:event()", or
"ixsl:get(ixsl:wndow(), 'location')).

Your expression is equivalent to "child::MyApp", it's looking for an XML
element node named MyApp.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

On 30 Jun 2016, at 17:14, Chris Despopoulos
despopoulos_chriss(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com

I tried the following, but it doesn't find the object.  Clearly I'm missing
the paradigm...  Can you clarify for me?  I created an object in the window
-- MyApp.buf.  But there's an error setting the client-property: buf...

<ixsl:set-property name="buf" object="MyApp" select="MyString"/>

Thanks             cud

=========================

If you have the results in an XSLT variable, then I think you should be able
to pass this to Javascript code as an argument of an ixsl:call(), or you
could write it as a property of a Javascript object using ixsl:set-property.

Incidentally, we're quite close now to shipping a first version of Saxon-JS,
which will be a replacement for Saxon-CE written in pure Javascript. The
interfaces between XSLT and JS will probably be quite similar.

Michael Kay
Saxonica
XSL-List info and archive <http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list>
EasyUnsubscribe <-list/293509> (by email <>)