xsl-list

Re: [xsl] [XSL-FO] marginal notes

2017-01-07 18:32:52
On Sat, 2017-01-07 at 17:18 +0000, Geert Bormans
geert(_at_)gbormans(_dot_)telenet(_dot_)be wrote:

1. [...] I can't seem to figure out how to put margins on the left
for the left column and on the right for the right column

I know that Antenna House started impementing some of the XSL-FO 2.0
proposed features, but we (OK, _I_) closed the Working Group, in part
because we didn't think we were going to get implementations... (and in
part because we were down to two or three people).

One approach if AH doesn't have extensions you can use might be to work
with their XML representation of the formatted area tree, and swap
positions after formatting.

2. In my XML a set of lines make up a paragraph, the "lines" are
numbered and I need the "number" in the margin
Sometimes 2 "lines" start on the same physical line in the column and
the marginal notes in the side bar are printed at the same location
Is there a way to fix it in a way that a second float is printed
below the first when both are on the same height?

We spent a long time on this in a meeting in Bologna and made good
progress, but again it was for XSL-FO 2.0.  A possibility again might
be to format the annotations and the main document separately and merge
the area trees - or to use the area trees to get the sizes and make a
third, merged, XSL-FO document that actually combines annotations into
a single block where they need to be one above another. For real evil,
you could possbily combine into tables.

Liam

--
Liam R. E. Quin <liam(_at_)w3(_dot_)org>
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)