xsl-list

[xsl] xmllint and paragraph line width

2018-03-19 10:39:02
Hi Everyone,

We run our book source through xmllint before making the book and
checking in sources to version control.

We would like to format the sources so paragraphs have a break at 80
or 90 chracters. The line breaks make it easier on version control
tools like Git, and make it easier to see changes and the end of a
sentence (that would otherwise require scrolling).

It looks like xmllint does not have the formatting option. I'm
guessing I am missing an obvious step, like using some other tool to
apply the line breaks.

How do we format paragraphs to a particular width when using xmllint
in our toolchain?

Thanks in advance.