xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT 2+ Options for PHP?

2018-07-03 09:51:18
The Saxon-C support for PHP certainly looks like just what I want.

Cheers,

E.
--
Eliot Kimber
http://contrext.com

On 7/3/18, 9:43 AM, "Martin Honnen martin(_dot_)honnen(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de"

    On 03.07.2018 16:40, Eliot Kimber ekimber(_at_)contrext(_dot_)com wrote:
    > I'm tasked with implementing a non-trivial XSLT transform (needs to read
multiple docs and produce multiple HTML result files) within a PHP-based system.

    > I have zero experience with PHP so kind of shooting in the dark here.
    >
    > I know that PHP uses libxml natively and so only provides XSLT 1 support
out of the box.

    > I see also that it's possible to integrate Saxon using the PHP Java
bridge. However this client appears to want to avoid the use of Java in this
system (although I need to confirm that).

    > My question: Are there any XSLT 2 (or greater) options for PHP that do
not require Java?

    http://saxonica.com/saxon-c/index.xml is an option I think, if you can
    install/compile your own PHP extensions.