xsl-list

Re: [xsl] problem: getting link text without document() function

2018-09-11 07:02:17
I have never heard that Firefox doesn't support the "document" function but
it has a rather
strict security policy for XSLT based loading of resources, I think you can
only navigate
downwards. Are you sure that any "document()" call fails or does that attempt
to load
from "../manual" file with some security/access denied error in the error
console?

I think the problem lies somewhere in the Xopus/browser interface. My
application runs absolutely fine if the browser is IE. If it is Firefox or
Chrome the Xopus load javascript function pops up a dialog saying "Failed to
compile stylesheet: The document() function in XSLT is only supported in
Internet Explorer."

Sure enough, Xopus' documentation contains this statement:
Note: Xopus does not support the document function in  Firefox or Chrome,
making XIncludes a necessity if you want to display content coming from  other
sources than the document you are editing.

That would be all well and good if they provided an example that showed how to
use Xincludes to display the target of a hyperlink to another document, but
their only example is extremely trivial and shows how to incorporate an entire
document within another.

Googling hasn't been much help because I haven't yet found a combination of
search terms that doesn't overwhelm me with irrelevant results.

cheers