xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Ignoring quotation marks in grouping and sorting

2019-01-04 15:16:13
Michele,

I think Syd just showed elegantly how you could do it under 1.1. :-)

A "proper" solution might inquire as to how robust this actually has
to be. That key retrieval looks a bit wonky to me: I am afraid it
might be a source of bugs or lapses. (Mainly because it looks like a
value is case-normalized at one end but not at the other.) A "real"
solution under XSLT 2.0 would probably use grouping instead of the
"virtual grouping" offered by the key declaration ...

Cheers, Wendell

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 3:12 PM Michele R Combs mrrothen(_at_)syr(_dot_)edu

Pfft, that's too easy ;)

What would be the solution in 2.0 then?

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendell Piez wapiez(_at_)wendellpiez(_dot_)com
<xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, January 4, 2019 2:49 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Ignoring quotation marks in grouping and sorting

Hi Michele,

Goodness (as my mother is apt to say), then why stay with 1.1 (which, in a
sense, never even actually existed)?

A solution is possible, in theory, under those rules, but many XSLT
2.0 or 3.0 solutions will be more elegant, concise and intelligible.

Suggest you try tweaking the version first to satisfy that the XSLT runs
equivalently, which it is likely to do.

Cheers, Wendell

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 1:46 PM Michele R Combs mrrothen(_at_)syr(_dot_)edu

Which XSLT 1.1 processor is that, does it have any extension
function support for easier or more powerful string handling than
Xpath
1.0 provides?

I'm using Saxon9he at the moment.

Michele

--
Wendell Piez | wendell -dot- piez -at- nist -dot- gov |
http://www.wendellpiez.com pellucidliterature.org | github.com/wendellpiez |