xsl-list

Re: [xsl] What's the best feature in XSLT 3?

2019-10-03 22:31:16
On Thu, 2019-10-03 at 17:00 +0000, Liam R. E. Quin
liam(_at_)fromoldbooks(_dot_)org wrote:
What do you find most useful? Or like the best?

Many thanks to everyone who has answered so far - it’s been really
interesting.

maps, fn:transform, arrays, expand-text, streaming, seem to be the top
few, with arrays & json, the new operators & other functions coming
next.

For my part it's fn:transform() and expand-text first, and then
fn:serialize combined with expath functions that have a new usefulness
now... some of the streaming use cases i can do with xproc or xquery
but not all... i suspect packages would be a big win if we had lots of
them floating round. And i have a predilection for contains-token() :-)

Liam

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Upcoming courses: XSLT Two to Three, Rockville MD, Oct 2019