xsl-list

[xsl] W3C specifications on GitHub

2019-10-24 12:46:32
Some of you may be aware that the W3C specifications (source XML plus build
scripts as well as published HTML) were moved a while ago from the W3C servers
to GitHub: https://github.com/w3c/qtspecs.

There is of course no active development taking place on the specs, but I do
have a plan (somewhere on my TODO list) of one day publishing some unofficial
errata.

Today (thanks to Carine Bournez), the issue tracker has been activated on the
GitHub repository. So if you find errors in the specs, please capture them.
Don't expect much to happen when you do, but at least the issues will be
recorded if anyone ever decides to produce new versions of the specs, and there
may be scope for reaching online consensus if there are any questions of
interpretation.

There are also some open issues in the W3C Bugzilla archive, which I hope to
transfer: see
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=XPath%20%2F%20XQuery%20%2F%20XSLT&component=XSLT%203.0&resolution=---
 in the case of XSLT 3.0

Note also that there are some draft XSLT 3.0 errata at
https://github.com/w3c/qtspecs/blob/master/errata/xslt-30/html/xslt-30-errata.html

Michael Kay
Saxonica