xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to call an XSLT function whose name isn't known till run-time?

2019-12-06 11:30:15
Roger,

Wouldn't this would be another occasion for the technique of using an element
as a proxy for your function, as in Dimitre's FXSL?

In other words, if your variable held an element <roger:function-to-invoke/>,
you could apply templates to it to dispatch to your function, passing its
arguments as parameters.

Cheers, Wendell

-----Original Message-----
From: Costello, Roger L. costello(_at_)mitre(_dot_)org
<xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, December 6, 2019 12:21 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] How to call an XSLT function whose name isn't known till
run-time?

Hi Folks,

I have an XSLT variable, $function-to-invoke, that holds the name of an XSLT
function to be invoked. For example, if $function-to-invoke holds the string
"move" then I  want my XSLT program to invoke the function with that name,
i.e., invoke f:move(...). Is there a way for XSLT to call a function whose name
isn't known till run-time?

/Roger