xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to call an XSLT function whose name isn't known till run-time?

2019-12-07 18:48:30

Also, why use the verbose <xsl:map-entry> as compared to the XPath way
of writing a map-literal? I know that this can be useful in
dynamically creating a map when the number of key-value pairs is
determined at runtime -- but this still isn't the case in this
question.

Very much a personal choice. Some people try very hard to avoid multi-line
XPath expressions. I think it might be because of the editing or debugging
tools they are using.

XML attribute value normalization unfortunately means that indentation in XPath
expressions doesn't survive XML parsing.

Michael Kay