xsl-list

[xsl] Merkle Tree Algorithm and SHA-256

2020-01-05 12:43:59
Hello All,
Wish you all a very happy new year..
I am having to do a Merkle Tree algorithm for doing the checksum of files
when moving files from to AWS from the local network ( on-prem) . I have a
number of solutions for this. Using Java, Node JS etc. While I was
implementing this, I couldn't stop thinking about the similarity of the
Merkle Tree and XML tree and how we can implement this using XSLT. The
following is the representation of Merkle tree
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkle_tree#/media/File:Hash_Tree.svg

My XSLT script in general is ready except for the hash part, and I am not
sure if there is a way to execute SHA-256 on the files using XSLT.  My
script serializes an XML Tree and creates hash attributes for each of the
nodes.

If anyone has implemented sha-256 hashing from XSLT, I would like to know.
Alternatively I would have to write something up in Java and call it from
XSLT.

Vasu