xsl-list

Re: [xsl] template matching with modes, not seeing what I expect

2020-03-15 06:52:25
Am 15.03.2020 um 11:04 schrieb Trevor Nicholls
trevor(_at_)castingthevoid(_dot_)com:

I'm testing a simple stylesheet which implements a suggestion made in
reply to my previous approach, i.e. that I could process the output of a
document into a variable to test. When the stylesheet is just reporting
the results, it works just fine, but when I combine it with templates
which copy the input document and replace one attribute based on those
tests, the input document is not being copied.

But if I run this stylesheet and give it an input file (with no subsects
attributes) which contains a parent with multiple sections and mixed
content, only the first section is output with the attribute
(incorrectly set to "none"), and the rest of the output XML is the
result of the mode="check" versions of the templates, i.e. the only
output is the initial XML header followed by a copy of the $tempstruct
variable built when the context node is the top level element of the
input document.. The default templates simply aren't executed.

Can you show us a minimal sample input together with the output you get
and then one you want?