xsl-list

Re: [xsl] template matching with modes, not seeing what I expect

2020-03-15 13:19:55
On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 06:06:52PM -0000, Trevor Nicholls
trevor(_at_)castingthevoid(_dot_)com scripsit:
I thought the test "not(not(section) and not(title))" would be true for all
elements that had only title and section children. Evidently that's not
true.

ELEMENT[*[not(self::title or self::section)]]

will match an element ELEMENT with element children, at least one of which is
not title or section.

Your example is going to return true if there's a title (which is not a
section) and true if there's a section (which is not a title) and might,
depending on context, be trying to find child elements with child
sections and titles anyway.

-- Graydon