xsl-list

Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon 10.0 (today's other news..)

2020-03-16 16:45:51

One question: does Saxon-HE not support extension functions, or has
something changed? I mean calling java: methods for example.

That is the single thing keeping us on an ancient 9.1.0.8 version
which is used in an open-source project [1].
And I think many people are in the same situation because that was the
last version to support the extension functions, IIRC.

This was the probably the biggest decision we got right in creating the optimum
ratio between the number of open source users (who create the community on
which Saxon depends) and the number of paying users (who create the revenue on
which it also depends).

Michael Kay
Saxonica