xsl-list

Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon 10.0 (today's other news..)

2020-03-29 03:32:27
I'm mostly interested in math functions:
https://www.saxonica.com/html/documentation/functions/math/

For example, the documentation for math:sqrt() says "Available in
XPath 3.0, XSLT 3.0, XQuery 3.0, and later versions. From Saxon 9.6,
available in all editions."

However, after switching to 10.0 I get " XPST0017: Cannot find a
1-argument function named Q{http://exslt.org/math}sqrt()".

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 9:59 AM Michael Kay mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com

That's interesting to know.

Is this also the reason EXSLT functions are not available anymore?

The general policy is: core conformance to standards in Saxon-HE, optional
features and extensibility features in Saxon-PE, performance optimizations
and advanced features (streaming, schema-awareness) in Saxon-EE. There are
variations within that, of course.

The vast majority of the EXSLT functions, for example the date-and-time
function, have really been obsolete since 2.0 came out, and could easily be
coded as pure XSLT 2.0 functions if you really want them.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

XSL-List info and archive
EasyUnsubscribe (by email)