xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Parsing XPath in XSLT?

2020-03-25 12:46:28
Wendell,
I’ve done a lot of this over the past 4 years, as you’ll be aware from Balisage
and XMLPrague, first using Gunther Radermacher’s parser generator, so tomorrow
morning (26th) I’ll reply at length. You certainly can get a full parse tree in
XML that can be XSLT’d to another form and the reverse to text is pretty
easy....

John Lumley

Sent from my iPad

On 25 Mar 2020, at 17:31, Wendell Piez wapiez(_at_)wendellpiez(_dot_)com

XSL Friends,

What kinds of advice can you offer on the question of parsing XPath in XSLT?

I am currently having to interpret XPath or (more likely) an XPath
subset into an abstract representation that can be rewritten into
various forms. Naturally I would like to do this out of a parse tree
or the functional equivalent, represented in some sort of XML, since
serializing that back out is easy enough. It is producing that tree
that is a problem. I need a parser for XPath or if not for all of
XPath, then at least for my subset -- which includes namespaces. So
even if partial the model must expose names and namespaces to the
extent that a path rewriter can (for example) map into a new set of
namespace prefixes --

Any thoughts? Open source projects I should take a look at? Have the
community-standards initiatives captured any good work in this area?

Best regards,
Wendell

--
...Wendell Piez... ...wendell -at- nist -dot- gov...
...wendellpiez.com... ...pellucidliterature.org... ...pausepress.org...