xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT 4 xsl:with

2020-05-19 11:51:56
On Tue, 2020-05-19 at 08:54 +0000, Pieter Masereeuw
pieter(_at_)masereeuw(_dot_)nl
Because such a for-each does not repeat, I always add a comment like
<!-- Merely sets the context, does not repeat -->.

I tend to comment these too, although not with the repeat part - be
careful, too, as in English a less-informed reader might get an
incorrect impression reinforced that for-each is a loop, rather than a
mapping operator.

Yes, an xsl:with-context-item select=.... would be clearer. Wkether
it's worth increasing the size of the language for it is a judgment
call that's a little harder, i think.

Best,

Liam

--