xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT 4: normalize-mixed()

2020-05-24 23:00:32
On Mon, 2020-05-25 at 03:52 +0000, Graydon graydon(_at_)marost(_dot_)ca wrote:

Would it be possible to get a normalize-mixed() that takes a sequence
of text and element nodes and a sequence of characters, returning a
sequence of text and elements nodes where any number of the
characters in the sequence of replace characters have been replaced
with single spaces and the trailing or leading spaces on the text
nodes haven't been deleted?

There's quite a few edge ases here - what about cdata sections used
e.g. for code listings?

I realize that there's no reason not to write this as a user-defined
function; it's how often I wind up wanting it that makes me think it
might be something to consider as a language function.

A widely shared xml-document funtion library might be better, do you
think?

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org