xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT 4: normalize-mixed()

2020-05-31 14:34:46
On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 07:01:37PM -0000, Michael Kay
mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com scripsit:
I don't know of any actual shared libraries for XSLT

Priscilla Walmsley's FunctX library falls into this category, I think.

So far as I can tell, FunctX for XSLT is a single XSLT 2.0 stylesheet defining
the functions which is downloaded as a stand-alone file.

That is to my mind somehow categorically different from something like the
node-js benchmarking library at https://github.com/bestiejs/benchmark.js.git

I think it's the absence of packaging -- there's no way to say "get me the
FunctX library" as some sort of abstract reference through a package management
mechanism -- and the absence of library dependency information as language
mechanisms that makes me think "that's really useful, but it's not a shared
library".

I could be falling into philosophical error, here.  But to me it doesn't feel
like a library; I can have a stylesheet say "use this" via import or include,
but I can't manage any dependencies by a means other than calendar reminders to
go look at web pages.

--
Graydon Saunders  | graydonish(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
Þæs oferéode, ðisses swá mæg.