xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Tool that measures the performance of an XSLT program at a fine granularity?

2020-07-27 05:18:36

I guess, saving value of current-dateTime() at two different places within an
XSLT stylesheet, and computing the difference later might give us the time
spent by the enclosed XSLT instructions.
For your use case, I think to do this, extracting the component expressions
into their own variables might help to utilize the approach I've suggested.

No, current-dateTime() is explicitly defined to give constant results
throughout an evaluation. That's because there isn't any defined order of
execution, so "later" has no meaning.

There is a function saxon:timestamp() designed to get around this. But at this
level of granularity the results are going to be meaninless.

Michael Kay
Saxonica