xsl-list

Re: [xsl] HTML5 and MathML and namespaces, oh my

2020-11-04 06:49:21
Am 04.11.2020 um 13:44 schrieb Chris Papademetrious
christopher(_dot_)papademetrious(_at_)synopsys(_dot_)com:
Hi all,

I have an HTML5-namespaced document containing MathML-namespaced <math>
content:

<!DOCTYPE html>

   <head>

     <title>Equations</title>

   </head>

     <math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";>

       <mrow>

         <mspace/>

       </mrow>

     </math>

I am trying to create an XSLT transformation that modifies these islands
of MathML while leaving the surrounding content untouched. As a test, I
try wrapping <mspace> elements in <mrow>:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

     xmlns:mml="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";

So why do you declare that prefix mml here although you don't need it
anywhere? It will be in scope for any literal result elements your XSLT
creates. Either drop that line above or at least

     xpath-default-namespace="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";

     exclude-result-prefixes="xs"

use    exclude-result-prefixes="#all"
here or