xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT 4: map serialization

2020-11-25 00:14:12

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 24, 2020, at 9:15 PM, Liam R. E. Quin liam(_at_)fromoldbooks(_dot_)org

On Wed, 2020-11-25 at 04:56 +0000, Dimitre Novatchev
dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com wrote:

*The pure XPath solution is also an XQuery solution*, as XQuery is a
superset of XPath.

However, the results may differ in terms of in-scope namespaces, i
think.

I'd probably write an XSLT function. Or an XQuery function.

Liam

This is a solution of the original problem. If we evolve the problem with
specifying namespaces that should be in scope, this can also be done.

I long for “almost impossible to solve problems” but this is not one of them.
Examples can be found here: https://dnovatchev.wordpress.com

If one has an even small library of the right  XPath functions , say something
corresponding to the (higher order) functions in just one or two core Haskell
modules, these can be used to solve a large variety of problems.

As for using XQuery vs. XSLT, the problem of choosing one or the other doesn’t
exist when using pure XPath.

Dimitre

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/