xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT 4: map serialization

2020-11-25 08:30:03
I wrote this last night just before going to bed, the correct expression is:

*let $makeElement := function($k, $v) {  parse-xml('<' || $k ||  '>' || $v
|| '</' || $k || '>' )  }     return $makeElement('month', 'August')*

and it produces the expected result as can be seen in the XPath/XQuery
builder of Oxygen:

<month>August</month

We see so many StackOverflow problems caused by people doing it wrong,
specifically, forgetting to do the escaping of special characters

There is nothing to be escaped in the above expression! This is XPath, not
XML.

Thanks,
Dimitre

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 2:10 AM Michael Kay mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com <