xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Use XSLT to check a bunch of XHTML files forwell-formedness?

2021-02-17 11:03:21
On 17.02.2021 17:52, Roger L Costello costello(_at_)mitre(_dot_)org wrote:

I ran xmlwf on a folder that contains 10,000 XHTML files. Wow! It checked all
of them in a couple seconds. However, the error messages are poor. For example,
here is one of the error messages:

        xhtml\htmloutput10.xhtml:206:2: mismatched tag

Compare that to the error message I get when I run my super-simple XSLT program
on the XHTML file:

Error on line 206 column 3 of htmloutput10.xhtml:

   SXXP0003  Error reported by XML parser: The element type "input" must be
terminated by the

   matching end-tag "</input>".

I find the latter error message to be more helpful.

In the case of the Java version of Saxon the XSLT processor just reports
the error message the used XML parser of the underlying Java platform
gives so perhaps write a Java program using a JAXP SAXParser or a SAX
XmlReader if those error messages are better than the one of the Expat
based xmlwf tool.