xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Use XSLT to check a bunch of XHTML files forwell-formedness?

2021-02-17 16:27:23
On Wed, 2021-02-17 at 16:52 +0000, Roger L Costello
costello(_at_)mitre(_dot_)org
wrote:
I ran xmlwf on a folder that contains 10,000 XHTML files. Wow! It
checked all of them in a couple seconds. However, the error messages
are poor. For example, here is one of the error messages:

        xhtml\htmloutput10.xhtml:206:2: mismatched tag

Compare that to the error message I get when I run my super-simple
XSLT program on the XHTML file:

Error on line 206 column 3 of htmloutput10.xhtml:
  SXXP0003  Error reported by XML parser: The element type "input"
must be terminated by the
  matching end-tag "</input>".

I find the latter error message to be more helpful.

The xmllint --noout message for this is even more helpful, giving the
line number of both the first and the "mismatched" tag.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org