xsl-list

Re: [xsl] with XPath 1.0, select all following sibling elements of name "foo" up to the first non-"foo" element

2021-02-19 19:17:15
Here is one working solution, using a key :half the way":

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
 <xsl:output omit-xml-declaration="yes" indent="yes"/>
 <xsl:key name="kPrecedingFoo" match="foo"
use="generate-id(following-sibling::*[not(self::foo)][1])"/>

  <xsl:template match="/*/*">
 Results for: <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
 <xsl:text>&#10;</xsl:text>
 <xsl:copy-of select=
 "
*key('kPrecedingFoo',
generate-id(following-sibling::*[not(self::foo)][1]))
[current()[self::foo] and not( count(current()/preceding-sibling::foo | .)
= count(current()/preceding-sibling::foo ) )]*
       "/>
 <xsl:text>&#10;=======================</xsl:text>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

When applied on this XML document, it produces (what I believe based on my
understanding of the question) the correct results:

 Results for: <bar ind="1"/>

=======================

 Results for: <foo ind="1"/>
<foo ind="1"/>
<foo ind="2"/>
<foo ind="3"/>
=======================

 Results for: <foo ind="2"/>
<foo ind="2"/>
<foo ind="3"/>
=======================

 Results for: <foo ind="3"/>
<foo ind="3"/>
=======================

 Results for: <bar ind="2"/>

=======================

 Results for: <foo ind="4"/>
<foo ind="4"/>
=======================

Cheers,
Dimitre

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 5:02 AM Wolfhart Totschnig
wolfhart(_dot_)totschnig(_at_)mail(_dot_)udp(_dot_)cl
<xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Hello,

Just eyeballing this, Dmitry, I'm not convinced it would work if
Wolfhart was sitting at a <foo> at the time he made his request, in
which case the <foo> he was at would incorrectly be included.

Granted the original requirement is underspecified in this regard, so
perhaps my observation is irrelevant. I'm not trying to nit-pick but I
discounted the use of keys because of the arbitrary starting point for
evaluation.

Wolfhart, am I being too pedantic here?

I have never used <xsl:key>, so I cannot evaluate Dimitre's solution.
But yes, the current element may be a <foo> in my case. Sorry for not
making that clear in my original request!

Wolfhart

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev