xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Why does Chrome's XSL processor validate my XML files when processing them, and how can I make it stop doing that so that it processes them faster?

2021-02-20 21:57:48
Thank you, Kurt, Liam, and Michele, for the prompt replies!

Kurt's and Michele's suggestions did not resolve my problem. Installing the "XML Tree" extension for Chrome did not accelerate the processing of the XSL stylesheet, and Firefox still refuses to execute the stylesheet after changing the said security setting.

To Liam's suggestions:

Are you producing XHTML with a DOCTYPE?

No, just HTML (see below).

Without seeing teh stylesheets or the input or the output it's
impossible to say.

I am not sure what a minimal example would be in this case. Here, at any rate, are the preambles of the XML files and of the stylesheet:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="../zettel.xsl"?>
<zettel xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../zettel.xsd">

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.1" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
    <xsl:output method="html" doctype-system="about:legacy-compat"/>

Does that help to identify a solution?

Thanks again,
Wolfhart