xsl-list

Re: [xsl] messing about with XSLT

2021-03-21 12:16:13

My trick is to put the XSLT line number in the message, which serves
the same purpose.
using  {saxon:line-bumber()} ?

Just hard coded:

<xsl:comment>(L623)</xsl:comment>

It doesn't matter if it drifts off a bit, it's only intended to be temporary
scaffolding).

But if you want to examine the relationship between input and output, then
inserting the line number of the source using saxon:line-number() is certainly
an option. Usually, though, the thing I want to know is "where in the
stylesheet did this part of the output come from?"

Michael Kay
Saxonica