xsl-list

[xsl] Reminder: Declarative Amsterdam 2021, Call for Presentations

2021-07-08 08:01:25
On 4 and 5 November 2021, the third Declarative Amsterdam conference will take
place at CWI, Science Park, Amsterdam.

The conference focuses on the technologies and methods used for declarative
programming and declarative data.

Declarative programming

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declarative_programming) is a style of
programming that expresses the logic of computation without describing its
control flow. It allows you to focus on the 'what' of a program, rather than
the 'how'. Declarative programs can be constructed in a fraction of the time,
using much less code than a traditional computer program. Declarative methods
for programming and data modelling can help avoid making the mistakes that have
lead to failing software projects for several decades.

Declarative Amsterdam will have presentations on past experiences, current
trends and future perspectives in fields such as functional programming,
declarative data modelling, databases, XML and related technologies, JSON, CSS,
semantic web, data science, data visualization, grammars, parsing, and
domain-specific languages.

We anticipate by November that we will be able to hold the conference
face-to-face, but either way, we are planning to broadcast live as well.

The first day will feature tutorials, combining presentations and hands-on
sessions to give an introduction to specific topics.

The second day is a symposium, and will consist of shorter presentations.
Speakers can discuss new ideas, frameworks, applications of declarative
methods, and best practices.

Call for Presentations

We invite practitioners, software architects and engineers, academic
researchers and others to submit a proposal for a tutorial or a presentation.

Tutorials can be between 1.5 and 2.5 hours, and preferably include hands-on
sessions for participants. Presentations on the second day can be between 20
and 45 minutes. We plan to create the possibility of online presentation via
video.

Proposals should at least include a title, duration and summary (90 -

200 words), but may also be a full paper. Speakers have the option of
submitting a full paper or slides, to be published on the Declarative Amsterdam
website.

Please submit proposals here:

https://declarative.amsterdam/submit?model=da-call-for-presentations

Timeline

Submission deadline: 31 July

Acceptance: Beginning of September

Conference: 4/5 November.

For papers and topics from previous years, see the website:

http://declarative.amsterdam/