xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Unable to get Firefox to apply XSL

2022-03-29 16:21:53

Am 29.03.2022 um 23:06 schrieb Michele R Combs mrrothen(_at_)syr(_dot_)edu:

This is XSL-coding-adjacent so I’m hoping someone knows.

Firefox is declining to apply an xsl stylesheet to an XML document.
This is a pair of documents I’ve used many times over the years for
demoing how the browser can be used to apply XSL to render an XML file
into HTML.  Last year we had to tweak Firefox’s
 privacy.file.unique.origin setting in about:config but that
particular setting doesn’t seem to be present in this latest version
of Firefox, at least I don’t see it in about:config, nor anything
resembling it.  Both the XML and XSL are in the same local folder on
my desktop.  If anyone knows a fix I’d be grateful.

I think your only chance with most current browsers is serving over HTTP
(e.g. localhost), relatively easy these days where I think most
platforms/programming languages come with some way to run a local HTTP
server, but of course no convincing way for people accustomed to the
ease the file system used to offer but browser vendors have decided to
take away.