Re: SPF PASS (was: "If you believe that the SPF concept is fundam entally flawed, please subscribe at http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/")

2005-05-26 10:10:44

We could easily write EHLO guidelines for SPF record checking and
publishing as separate document, kind of like BCP. In fact I'll
keep this in mind and bring it up on spf-discuss when things are
a little more calm from current spf-classic draft discussions.

We could, but since you can't tell whether the list of addresses in
an SPF record is supposed to apply to the EHLO address or the MAIL FROM
address or one of the message header addresses, what's the point?

The domain names in my EHLOs is completely disjoint from the set in my
MAIL FROM and mail headers.  How is SPF going to handle that?