Re: SPF PASS

2005-05-26 13:15:02

In <4296248E(_dot_)10D2(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> Frank Ellermann
<nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> writes:

Terry Fielder wrote in mxcomp:

Unless I'm mistaken SPF pass is specific per scope/identity
checked and there is no overall SPF pass.

That was not my understanding, but I accept being corrected
if that's the case.

The only "overall" thing in the actual draft is a HELO FAIL.

Hm... or it used to be in -00, -01pre1, -01pre2, -01pre3,
-01pre4, -01pre5, but was dropped in -01pre6, -01pre7, -01.

Now that's a bug.  Wayne, please fix this back, it was no
nonsense, I don't recall any debate / resolution about it.

There was debate about it.  It is mentioned in the release notes.

What happened is that, as part of restoring the HELO checking from
draft-mengwong-spf-0[01], I copied that sentence into
draft-schlitt-spf-classic-00.  However, that sentence was originally
part of a "RECOMMENDED algorithm", so copying that sentence caused a
change in semantics.  The whole "RECOMMENDED algoright" has been
dropped.  It is Receiver Policy anyway, not Sender Policy.

-wayne