Re: [openpgp] Requesting the editor to step down

2020-04-27 07:35:41
Hi!

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 12:27, Justus Winter said:

  - At the general meeting of the GnuPG e.V. in 2018 (Brussels,
    2018-02-02) we asked if and how we or the Verein can help the
    standardization effort.  Werner declined any help, dismissing the

Right, the minutes say nothing about this [1].  However, I remember very
well and just checked with another participant that after the official
meeting you and Neal asked the _GnuPG_ Verein for financial support for
Sequoia development; which was obviously rejected.

Given the continued personal attacks I will just once list a few facts
as background for other readers:

- Neal, Kai and Justus are founding members of the Verein.  Further they
  all were employed by my company to work on GnuPG.

- I have asked them several times to work on assigned tasks including
  pushing forward 4880bis; which they mostly ignored.

- One of them started to talk with the pEp Foundation, a competitor,
  about cooperation falsely pretending to officially speak for my
  company.

- After I rejected the plan to completely rewrite GnuPG in Rust and
  asked for weekly work reports, they moved on to the pEp Foundation.
  There they wrote there own implementation based on the experience they
  collected in the years working at my company.

- I am also quite disappointed to see folks, whom I once considered
  friends, to behave in public like they do now.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

[1]
https://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gnupg-verein.git;a=blob;f=office/meetings/gm-2018-02_minutes.pdf