Re: P-services interface in Strawman OPES Charter

2004-07-14 07:36:16

Alex Rousskov wrote:

I am worried that if we want to define WSDL profile for OCP, some of
us (or some of IESG) will find that extending W3C technology like WSDL
is out of current charter scope. We do not know whether using WSDL is
the right way to go, but should we just mention that we need to

        Define P-services interface, based on existing interface
        description standards like WSDL, if possible, or OPES-specific
        description otherwise.

What about the following:

  In addition, the WG will define a rules language to control
  selection and invocation of services by an OPES processor. This
  includes a mechanism allowing an OPES processor to perform a runtime
  check of service parameters, leveraging existing interface
  description standards like WSDL, if possible, or OPES-specific
  description otherwise.

-Markus