Re: P-services interface in Strawman OPES Charter

2004-07-15 06:20:35

Alex Rousskov wrote:

Sounds good to me. I assume there will be a sentence somewhere about
documenting interfaces for P/HTTP and P/SMTP modules. Or is that
implied?

The charter lists the corresponding deliverable as "Define a rules language to control the selection and invocation of HTTP-based or SMTP-based OPES services.". Since the text previously stated "This includes a mechanism allowing an OPES processor to perform a runtime check of service parameters", I would assume that takes care of it.

Injecting "investigate" before "a mechanism allowing" may make Abbie
happier. Or we can replace "includes" with "may include". Is that what
you are after, Abbie?

Working on that issue implies doing prior investigation of existing approaches, so I'd assume we're OK here.

-Markus