Re: MBONE access?

2004-03-03 20:45:59
Apart from the "eating our own dogfood" bit ...

apart from that, we should all stay at our desks and use DECNet-PhaseV
or NetWare to get our work done, and stop trying to create new protocols
that are robust, interoperable, and open.

in other words there is a big nothing "apart from" that particular thing.

the fact that realmedia and windowsmedia aren't interoperable means that
we (this community) failed to recognize and address a common need, and
that the world (including this community) is suffering for it.

compounding this failure by adopting proprietary technology for the primary
work of this community -- which is interior and published communications --
would be a bad, bad (bad) thing.
--
Paul Vixie