Re: Principles of Spam-abatement

2004-03-03 22:42:39
Ed Gerck wrote:
        [..]
grenville armitage wrote:
        [..]
and thus have gained entry to your circle of
people-worth-talking-with.

Solely by what you wrote, my point exactly.

Actually, your point appeared to be that you'd respond to a
previously-unknown correspondent who wrote _about something you'd
previously written_  (and I quote):

If someone sends me a message asking for my comment
because they read some other comment I wrote, do I really
care who that someone is... or who they know?

You yourself have identified the criteria 'they read some other comment
I wrote', not just "they wrote something interesting". I observe
that the former criteria qualifies as a variant of "...who they know".

FWIW.

cheers,
gja
--