Re: Proposal For Token-Based Authentication In Mail Submission As Anti-Forgery Effort

2004-03-07 07:36:33
attempt at positive contribution....

check out draft-ietf-msgtrk-mtqp and draft-ietf-msgtrk-smtpext for a worked example of "send a verifiable token out with the email without giving away the password".

there are some interesting corner cases in doing this sort of thing, and msgtrk ran across some of them.

one note, though.....