Re: How the IPnG effort was started

2004-11-18 09:16:34
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 02:02:18 GMT, Paul Vixie said:

given the relative ease of acquiring v6 address space and the relative
ease of deploying v4+v6 end hosts and either v4+v6 campuses or v6 tunnels
in v4 campuses, there is no incentive to do nat/v4 any more, and precious
little incentive to do nonat/v4.

*I* can get v6 connectivity easily (heck, I just boot my laptop and *wham*, as
soon as I contact the network I get handed
2001:468:c80:2181:202:2dff:fe5c:1148/64
(And that's on my wireless card, no less.. ;)

Now, having done that, I can either jump through lots of hassles configuring
a 6to4 proxy, or I can just type www.cnn.com in the browser window.

It isn't just whether *I* can/have done it, it's *also* about whether the
resource
I'm trying to contact sees ipv6 as something that needs doing.